"Drawing is very central to the way that I work because it can be blown up, taken apart.... You can just keep on pushing it, like this infinite machine...."
ART21’s past professional development events have brought diverse communities of educators, artists, and art professionals together to learn from one another about the most effective ways of bringing contemporary art into the classroom.
Recent workshops and events have included:
- Creative Chemistries at the Park Avenue Armory (2015)
- Online Lecture for the University of Florida (2015)
- Teaching with Contemporary Art Workshop for the Farmington, CT, Public Schools (2015)
- Keynote Address for the Pennsylvania Art Education, Association Annual Conference (2015)
- Professional Development Workshop for the Harvard University Future of Learning Institute (2015)
- Screening and Discussion at the Joan Mitchell Foundation, NY (2014)
- Teaching with Contemporary Art Workshop at Kendall College of Art and Design (2013)
- Professional Development Workshop at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (2013)