"You know, art can be something which can really disempower people, or it can be a vehicle which can empower people."
Art21 facilitates professional development events for public schools, school districts, colleges, museums, and other community organizations. Educators and other professionals interested in learning about contemporary art and strategies for teaching with the art and artists of our time are encouraged to contact Art21 about program options for their particular needs.
Different formats for programs include but are not limited to:
- Small and large group presentations and lectures
- Small and large group interactive workshops
- School-based staff development
- District-wide staff development
- Combined workshops for teachers and students
- Live online training for small and large groups
Recent workshop topics have included:
- An Introduction to Teaching with Contemporary Art
- Teaching with Film/Teaching with Objects
- Media-Based Learning
- Teaching with Big Ideas
These programs offer participants an opportunity to learn more about contemporary art by incorporating a variety of the Art21 film segments, discussion activities, and even art making. Educators' Guides and DVDs of the film series are available and can be built into the cost of presenting a program. Workshops can be scheduled for a series of days, a single day, or a half-day.
Art21 works on a limited number of professional development projects each year. Please tell us about yourself and the kind of workshop or presentation you are looking for.